Investing in the stock market requires careful analysis and understanding of various factors that influence a company’s share price. POWERGRID, as a key player in the power transmission sector, has garnered significant attention from investors seeking opportunities in the Indian stock market. With its crucial role in ensuring reliable electricity transmission across the country, POWERGRID’s performance and future prospects have a direct impact on its share price. In this Article we will discuss about Power Grid Share Price Target 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030.
Table of Contents
The Power Grid Corporation of India, commonly known as POWERGRID, is a state-owned enterprise responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of the power transmission network in India. It was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana.
POWERGRID plays a crucial role in the Indian power sector by ensuring the smooth and reliable transmission of electricity across different regions. The company operates more than 1,72,000 circuit kilometers of transmission lines and around 245 substations. These transmission lines are interconnected with various power generation plants, state electricity boards, and distribution utilities.
Business Model of Power Grid Corporation of India
The Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) operates based on a regulated business model. Here are the key aspects of its business model:
- Transmission Business: POWERGRID primarily engages in the transmission of electricity. It builds, operates, and maintains the transmission network across India, connecting power generation sources with distribution utilities and large consumers. The company earns revenue through the transmission charges levied on users for utilizing its network.
- Regulated Tariffs: POWERGRID’s transmission charges are regulated by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) and State Electricity Regulatory Commissions (SERCs). These regulatory bodies determine the tariffs based on factors such as capital costs, operating expenses, return on equity, and system availability.
- Long-Term Agreements: POWERGRID enters into long-term agreements with power generators and distribution utilities for the utilization of its transmission infrastructure. These agreements ensure a stable revenue stream for the company.
- Expansion and Modernization: POWERGRID invests in the expansion and modernization of its transmission network to cater to the growing demand for electricity. It undertakes capital-intensive projects, including the construction of new transmission lines, substations, and associated infrastructure. The costs incurred for these projects are recovered through the regulated tariffs over an extended period.
- Interregional Power Exchange: POWERGRID facilitates the interregional exchange of electricity, allowing surplus power from one region to be transferred to regions facing deficits. The company earns revenue through transmission charges levied on interregional power transfers.
- Diversification into Consultancy and Telecom: POWERGRID has diversified its operations by offering consultancy services in the power sector and establishing a telecom business. It provides consultancy services in project management, transmission planning, and system engineering. The telecom business involves the leasing of its optical fiber network to various customers, including telecom operators and government agencies.
- Government Support: As a state-owned enterprise, POWERGRID receives support from the Indian government. This support includes policy initiatives, regulatory backing, and financial assistance when necessary.
Shareholding of Power Grid Corporation of India
|No. of Shares
|Banks & Mutual Funds
Power Grid Corporation limited Share
Power Grid Limited Share listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange of India (NSE).
As of June 05, 2023, Power Grid’s share price on the NSE was INR 235.90/- Power Grid Share 52 week high at Rs. 249.60/- & 52 week low Rs.186.35/-. The P/E Ratio of Power Grid Share is 10.68.
|The Power Grid Corporation of India
|Kandikuppa Sreekant (Chairman)
|1,64,446.30 Crores Rs.
|45,968.33 Crore Rs
Power Grid Share Price Target 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2040, 2050
Note:- “That these share price targets for “Power Grid Share” are only provided for the purpose of reference and that this prediction will only hold true in the event that there is optimism in the market. Any uncertainties regarding the company or the current state of the global market will not be addressed in this analysis.”
Open Demat Account in India’s Best Trading Platform @ 0 Rs. Brokerage
Annual Result Summary of Power Grid Corporation Limited
Here is a summary of Power Grid’s annual results for the financial year 2022-2023:
- Revenue: Power Grid’s revenue for the year ended March 31, 2023, was INR 45968.07 crore, which represents increase of 8.5% compared to the previous year.
- Net profit: The company’s net profit for the year was INR 15333.02 crore, an decrease of 10.3% compared to the previous year.
- Earnings per share (EPS): The earnings per share for the year was INR 21.98, which represents a decrease of 10.79% compared to the previous year.
- EBITDA: The company’s EBITDA for the year was 89.40.
Power Grid Share Price Target 2023
POWERGRID facilitates the transfer of electricity from power generating stations to distribution utilities and large industrial consumers. It operates the national and regional power grids to ensure the seamless flow of electricity
Power Grid share price target 2023 are as follows –
Power Grid Share Price Target 2024
POWERGRID is responsible for managing and controlling the transmission system to maintain grid stability and reliability. It monitors the power flow, voltage levels, and frequency across the network to avoid overloads and blackouts.
Power Grid share price target 2024 are as follows –
Power Grid Share Price Target 2025
POWERGRID plans and executes the expansion of the transmission network to meet the growing demand for electricity. It identifies areas that require additional infrastructure and invests in the construction of new transmission lines and substations.
Power Grid share price target 2025 are as follows –
Power Grid Share Price Target 2026
Power Grid Corporation enables the exchange of surplus electricity between different regions of India. It promotes the efficient utilization of power resources by facilitating the transfer of electricity from regions with excess generation capacity to those with a deficit.
Power Grid share price target 2026 are as follows –
Power Grid Share Price Target 2027
Company plays a vital role in integrating renewable energy sources into the grid. It develops transmission infrastructure to connect renewable energy projects, such as solar and wind farms, to the main power grid.
Power Grid share price target 2027 are as follows –
Power Grid Share Price Target 2028
POWERGRID contributes to the overall development of the electricity infrastructure in the country. It plays a crucial role in ensuring reliable and affordable power supply, supporting economic growth and improving the quality of life for the people of India.
Power Grid share price target 2028 are as follows –
Power Grid Share Price Target 2029
Power Grid Corporation of India is a good investment for investors who are looking for a company with strong financials, growth potential, a dividend yield, and government support. However, investors should carefully consider the risks associated with investing in the company before making a decision.
Power Grid share price target 2029 are as follows –
Power Grid Share Price Target 2030
POWERGRID has ventured into the telecom sector by leveraging its vast transmission network. The company leases its optical fiber network infrastructure to telecom operators and other customers, generating additional revenue..
Power Grid share price target 2030 are as follows –
Dividend History of Powergrid Share
Here is a brief overview of POWERGRID’s dividend history over the past few years:
- In 2023, Company declared a final dividend of Rs. 5 per share.
- In 2022, Company declared a final dividend of Rs.5 per share.
- In 2021, Company declared a final dividend of Rs. 2.5 per share.
- In 2020, Company declared a final dividend of Rs. 5.5 per share.
Joint venture & Subsidiaries of Power Grid
The Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) has ventured into joint ventures and subsidiaries to expand its operations and explore new opportunities. Here are some notable joint ventures and subsidiaries of POWERGRID:
- Power System Operation Corporation Ltd. (POSOCO): POSOCO is a wholly-owned subsidiary of POWERGRID and was established in 2009. It operates the national and regional power grids and is responsible for real-time grid management, ensuring grid stability, and maintaining grid security.
- Power Grid Telecom Limited (PGTL): PGTL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of POWERGRID and operates as a telecommunications service provider. It utilizes POWERGRID’s extensive transmission network infrastructure to offer telecom services, including leasing of optical fiber network capacity.
- Powergrid NM Transmission Limited (PGNMTL): PGNMTL is a joint venture between POWERGRID and the Government of Nepal. The company aims to strengthen the power transmission infrastructure in Nepal through the development of cross-border transmission lines.
- Powergrid LRT Transmission Limited (PLTL): PLTL is a joint venture between POWERGRID and the Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL). The joint venture focuses on the development of transmission lines associated with railway electrification projects in India.
- Powergrid Vizag Transmission Limited (PVTPL): PVTPL is a joint venture between POWERGRID and the Government of Andhra Pradesh. It is involved in the development, operation, and maintenance of transmission systems in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Powergrid NGRT Systems Limited (PNSL): PNSL is a joint venture between POWERGRID and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). The joint venture aims to develop power transmission infrastructure in Nigeria and enhance the country’s grid connectivity.
Why Should I invest in Power Grid Share?
Here are some reasons why you should invest in The Power Grid Corporation of India:
- Strong financials: Power Grid Corporation of India is a financially strong company with a good track record of profitability. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.26, which is well below the industry average of 0.75. Power Grid Corporation of India also has a healthy cash flow, which gives it the financial flexibility to invest in new projects and grow its business.
- Growth potential: The Indian power sector is growing rapidly, and Power Grid Corporation of India is well-positioned to benefit from this growth. The company is the largest transmission company in India, and it has a monopoly on the transmission of electricity across long distances. This gives Power Grid Corporation of India a strong competitive advantage and allows it to generate high returns on its investment.
- Dividend yield: Power Grid Corporation of India is a dividend-paying company, and it has a long history of paying dividends to its shareholders. The company’s dividend yield is currently 2.7%, which is higher than the average dividend yield for the Indian stock market.
- Government support: Power Grid Corporation of India is a government-owned company, and it receives strong support from the government. The government has a policy of promoting the development of the power sector, and this policy is likely to continue in the future. This government support gives Power Grid Corporation of India a competitive advantage and reduces its risk.
Overall, Power Grid Corporation of India is a good investment for investors who are looking for a company with strong financials, growth potential, a dividend yield, and government support.
Why Should I not invest in Power Grid Corporation of India Limited Share?
Here are some reasons why you may not want to invest in The Power Grid Corporation of India:
- Political risk: The Indian government is a major shareholder in Power Grid Corporation of India, and the company’s operations could be affected by changes in government policy. For example, if the government decides to privatize the power sector, Power Grid Corporation of India could lose its monopoly on transmission and its profitability could decline.
- Regulatory risk: The Indian power sector is regulated by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC). Changes in CERC regulations could impact Power Grid Corporation of India’s business. For example, if CERC decides to lower the tariffs for transmission, Power Grid Corporation of India’s revenue could decline.
- Competition risk: The Indian power sector is becoming increasingly competitive, and Power Grid Corporation of India faces competition from other transmission companies. For example, Adani Transmission Limited is a private company that is expanding its transmission network in India. If Adani Transmission Limited is able to build a more efficient transmission network than Power Grid Corporation of India, it could take market share from Power Grid Corporation of India.
- High valuation: Power Grid Corporation of India is currently trading at a high valuation. This means that investors are paying a lot of money for each rupee of earnings that the company generates. If the company’s earnings growth slows down, the high valuation could become a liability.
- Lack of growth: Power Grid Corporation of India’s revenue and earnings have been growing at a slow pace in recent years. This is due to a number of factors, including the slowdown in the Indian economy and the increasing competition in the power sector. If the company’s growth continues to slow down, it could disappoint investors.
Target price of Powergrid for Year 2023 is Rs.260/-
As per our analysis target price of POWERGRID in 2025 will be Rs.350/-
Yes, debt ration of POWERGRID is Nil, So, Powergrid is a debt free company.